Terry Tozer often writes for the Western Morning News under his own name and the nom de plume of Mike Shapland. He was formerly a weekly columnist for the Clifton Chronicle.
Here are some of his articles:
- Yeti Airlines Crash, Pokhara Nepal.
- Air France Pilots come to blows in flight.
- China Eastern Airlines Flight MU5735 – March 21st 2020
- January book launch!
- Ryanair Flight FR4978Diversion to Minsk; Belarus.
- Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737-500 Crash, January 9th 2021.
- Boeing 737 MAX Rehab.
- Air India Express Runway overrun at Kerala (Kozhikode) on 7th August 2020
- Royal Air Maroc ATR 72 incident 9th July 2018 at Al Hoceima, Morocco.
- Fatal Crash of Airbus A320 Karachi May 22nd 2020
And see Aviation Safety page for articles on that topic.
A selection of interviews recent and past:
Terry is frequently interviewed on aviation matters on a variety of radio and TV stations, including:
- Sky News
- Al Jazeera
- BBC News
- BBC World Service TV
- Channel Four and Five news
- Iran International TV
- TRT World TV
- GB News
- BBC various and World Service.
- Talk Radio
- Times Radio
- GB News
Specific interviews of interest are:
BBC Radio Scotland discussing the increased risk of bird strikes
LBC “Simon Calder’s Travel Clinic”
Feb 26th 2009: BBC World Service, Europe Today, on the Turkish Airlines crash at Schipol. Also, a related article in the Independent newspaper
Interviews to BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC World Service and other regional stations on the release of the recordings of the conversation between the captain of the US Airways Airbus that landed in the Hudson River and the air traffic controllers handling the flight.
Friday 16th January 2009, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC World Service, BBC Radio 2 and Southern counties, BBC Wales, BBC Manchester, BBC Newcastle, plus other regional transmissions and Sky TV news: Various interviews about ditching of a US Airways Airbus A320 in the Hudson River, New York.
BBC Radio 5 live
BBC Radio Five Live Interview about the circumstances surrounding the Spanair MD80 crash at Madrid on 20th August 2008. This accident is covered in the book Confessions of an Airline Pilot – Why Planes Crash. See this website for details.
BBC Radio London Breakfast show 20th March. Interviewed by Joanne Good & Paul Ross,
Radio 5 Live’s Drive programme
BBC Radio Scotland’s Newsweek
BBC World Service Radio